Friday, May 28, 2010

SHAMELESS COMMERCE DEPARTMENT

Since I am about to leave for Paris, I thought I would take the opportunity to do some advertising. Six years ago, Susie and I bought a little one room ground floor studio apartment on the Left Bank in the old part of Paris, half a block from the Seine, catty-corner from Notre Dame. We rent it out when we are not there, regularly advertising in the back pages of the NEW YORK REVIEW OF BOOKS. The ad reads " Paris - Blue State Special." We will be there in June, and it is rented for much of the summer, but starting at the beginning of September, it is mostly open. If anyone is interested,send me an email. Where else in Paris can you find the complete German language edition of the collected works of Marx and Engels, not to speak of a shelf of books on Kant and a copy of every version of every book I have ever published?

No comments:

Post a Comment